Stop your Neck Pains
Neck pain is very troublesome when it affects you. But, it’s not a problem if you know what to do with it.
I saw people afflicted with the problem, and it’s a pity they have to spend too much money just to get the relief they need – badly! And, usually they also spend many days waiting for the relief to come – not from the medicine they paid a lot – but from relief brought by time.
When you know massage, the relief is right there in your hands without suffering for a few more days until “time heals the wound.”
Just determine what kind of neck pain you have and you’re set.
Yes, there are two very troublesome kinds of neck pains that bother people so much.
Before we start, I’d like to warn you that the neck pains I am talking about here are only those that did not result from injury. These are just common neck pains that come in our normal daily life. If you suspect it is from an accident, better go see your doctor.
But the only thing I knew that needs a doctor’s attention immediately is when you can’t move, you can’t talk, and you’re out of breath which means the injury is serious and is an emergency.
This is a kind of neck pain that’s really painful when you turn your head to the side affected, and it prevents you from doing your works. The cause is a strained muscle on the upper back and is on the side where you have your neck problem.
This neck pain is troublesome and is also a trouble to treat. However, the basic for all neck pains is to start massaging your arms.
1. Using your fingers, reach the deltoid of the side where you have neck pain. Apply pressure there; then go down the back of the upper arm.
2. While at the upper arm, use your thumb to apply pressure on all the muscles of the upper arm. Pay attention of pain sensitivity here which are calling for more touches.
3. Next is the lower arm. Try to follow the soft spot and groove of the muscles going down.
Most of the spots you press feel tender when they contribute to your neck pain, so, adjust your pressure according to your pain tolerance.
4. The next spot is on the upper back, located on the scapular region. If you cannot reach it then ask somebody to help you. The spot, usually, is tender, and when you apply pressure on it, you can literally turn your head slowly and the neck pain is reduced. If so, then concentrate on the point. Apply more pressure and make it longer this time; until you feel an improvement in the movement of your neck. But, before you finish the treatment, be sure to massage again the arms, deltoid, shoulders and the whole upper back to release any tightness of muscles caused by the pressures you did.
B. Just simple neck pain
This neck pain is not as painful like stiff neck but, still, it can always be “a pain on the neck” every day and it can last months or years. Why suffer that long when there is something can be done with it?
Don’t worry, because the treatment is easier than stiff neck. Just follow the procedures 1 – 3 for stiff neck.
Oh, there’s a third kind of neck pain and is an emergency if coupled with severe headache and dizziness. If you have a high blood pressure, then probably you have an attack! Don’t panic, the first aid is in the tips of your fingers. Use it while waiting for a doctor or while on your way to the emergency room. Again, don’t panic! Panicking make things worst so, make yourself relax by sitting down while you close your eyes and do the simple technique we discuss here.
If you are standing at the moment of attack, stop what you’re doing and sit down slowly then relax.
- First, stretch your fingers by pushing them backwards until you feel the stretch on your palm. Do both hands.
- Clasp the back of your neck with one hand and apply slight pressure going down.
- Now cover both eyes with both hands, and slide it side wards.
- Next, the forehead, cover it with your hands and alternately slide them towards the hairs – down to the back of the neck.
If that doesn’t give you relief and the headache is still there, locate the bony sides of your head at the back. Apply slight to medium pressures where you feel relief. But sometimes, even by a slight touch can cause so much pain, and is on just one side. If, so, concentrate on the other side – going back to the other side once in a while.
This technique always gives you relief; however, still check your blood pressure before and after the treatment.